22. Vor Frue Kirke (Church of Our Lady)
- Open 8 am – 5 pm
You can’t miss this neoclassical architectural masterpiece!
23. The Rundentaarn (The Round Tower)
- May – September: 10 am – 8 pm
- October – April: 10 am – 6 pm, until 9 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- 25 DKK
At such a great price, there’s really no reason not to take a tour of this beautiful and historic tower. Plus, from October 18 to March the observatory is open every Tuesday from 6 pm to 9 pm. Perfect for anyone, but especially for a couple looking for a romantic start to a beautiful evening.
24. Trinitatis Church
- Monday – Saturday: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Don’t judge a book by its cover. This church has a jaw-dropping interior.
25. Vor Freisers Kirke (Church of our Savior)
- Monday – Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
- About 40 DKK
Because Baroque Architecture is incredible.
26. The Christianshavn Neighborhood
Like the famous Nyhavn neighborhood, but with less tourists.
This self-declared autonomous anarchist region (complete with its own flag) will feel like another universe. Explaining Christiania would require a post of its own, but this video does a great job of explaining the commune.
To get to 28-30, take the subway to Frederiksborg Station, which is adorable.
28. Frederiksborg Garden
The perfect place to relax with a picnic lunch. While you’re in the park, be sure to check out the Chinese summerhouse and bridge, the Apis Temple, the Swiss Cottage, the Pheasntry, the Elephant viewpoint, and the Pacifier tree, where children can tie their old pacifiers (or iphones) and leave a sentimental note.
29. Frederiksborg Castle
- October – March: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- April – September: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 75DKK Adults/60DKK Students
Don’t be that person who goes to the Frederiksborg Garden, sees the awe-inspiring castle, and thinks “ehh, it’s probably not worth going inside.”
30. The Cisterns
- Closed December – February
- 50DKK Adults/40DKK Students
This massive underground former reservoir is like a cave and a cathedral had a baby together.