Pena Palace’s website has a lot of helpful and honest tips. Tickets to the park and palace are €14.00, and a park-only ticket is €7.50. Pena Palace is insanely busy, so if you want to see the park and palace, I highly recommend the skip-the-line ticket (~€14.30).
1. A stunning landscape shot.
2. Staring out whimsically into the distance from the castle.
3. A picture showing those columns.
4. A colorsplash by the Pena Palace.
5. A shot of the entire palace in which you are part of the art.
Some of them are a bit difficult when traveling alone.. I’d love a shot of me entering the palace (and without people!), but not possible without risking loosing your camera XD
I’ve always felt weird about asking strangers to take a picture of me with my camera. Ultimately you just have to trust your instincts. There are some awesome tutorials online about how to remove other people from the picture using Photoshop – there’s no way the palace was this empty when these instagrammers visited.